Sunday, September 6, 2009

The road to hell is paved with good intentions...

So, I have GREAT intentions, the majority of the time. It's the action part I still need work on. This last spring we ventured on a wonderful family vacation. We drove to Tennessee via Dallas, TX so that Brandon could go on the bi-yearly brother-in-law trek. This year it was in the smoky nountains. My sister, Sara, and her family live in Clarksville, TN. My sister, Becky, and her family live in Flower Mound, TX (Dallas suburb). So we drove to Becky's the first day, spent the night, got up early to drive to Sara's, then the kids and I got to play with Sara, Rachel (another sister) and all the cousins while the men + Seth and Emma went off to the hike from hell for 4 days. After our relaxing and wonderful stay in TN, we drove back to TX to spend a while hangin' with Becky and her kids (David, her husband, was out of town for work..we missed you, David!). All in all, it was a wonderful vacation! We returned home feeling refreshed and wishing we could turn around and go back!
So- my intentions were to have this blog up within a few weeks of the trip. However, in keeping with my personality...it is now 3 months later and I'm finally getting around to it. I guess at least I'm getting it up before this baby comes.

The drive was great! Yeah, it's a lot of driving, but the kids were awesome and we took a lot of stops to break it up. Here's our first stop, somewhere in west Texas. The boys were happy to get out of the car, look at the love being expressed! maybe we should take family trips more often!













As we got on the road, it was time to rock out to some Metallica..that's Jon on guitar, Ben on drums and Isaac with rockin' vocals!
To be continued...

No comments: